So, what is an adjustable ring?
An adjustable ring is exactly what it sounds like, a ring that you can adjust the size of to fit your finger. These designs usually feature a small gap in the ring band which allows you to pull or squeeze the ring to widen or narrow it. This means that you don’t have to worry about your bling not fitting after that impulse buy and can even switch up what finger you wear it on.
Are adjustable rings legit?
Okay, we get that a gap at the back of your jewellery isn’t ideal, but as long as you are buying high quality drip, the benefits outweigh the negatives. Just a few reasons why we think buying an adjustable ring is a good decision:
- They can be given as a gift without worrying if it will fit.
- They can be altered for maximum comfort.
- You can avoid paying to have the ring resized.
- You will have more options if you come to sell your ring.
- They will fit multiple fingers.
- They will grow with you.
Are there different types of adjustable rings?
There are two main types of adjustable ring styles that you should look out for:
- Open back – An open back ring usually has a small gap in the back of the band, allowing you to pull or squeeze the ring to alter the size. These are the most popular designs and, in our opinion, the easiest adjust.
- Adjustable band – The adjustable band ring is similar to the open back and can be pulled or pushed to widen and narrow. The main difference is that there is no gap in the ring band which helps give the impression that it is a traditional style design.
What are the cons?
Of course, there are a few cons when it comes to buying an adjustable ring:
- If you’re not careful when resizing your ring they can bend out of shape.
- Over time the material can wear, so if you’re constantly changing the size it can lead to breakages.
If you look after your jewellery, however, you can avoid having any issues for a long time.
Should you buy an adjustable ring?
Everyone has their own opinion when it comes to jewellery so it’s down to you whether you buy one or not. Here at J.V. Jewellers we love adjustable rings and think they are well worth it. Not only are they versatile, but when worn are also almost indistinguishable from the traditional style. If we’ve convinced you that adjustable rings are great, we have a huge selection that we think are fantastic.