What is a ring size?
When it comes to buying rings, the hardest part is finding the right size. The last thing you want after you order that perfect piece is to find that it doesn’t fit. The good news is that you can avoid all of this by finding out your ring size.
In the UK, rings are measured according to the circumference of your finger and have corresponding letters for each size. The chart below shows the circumference in millimetres for UK ring sizes.
|Ring Size||Circumference (mm)||Ring Size||Circumference (mm)||Ring Size||Circumference (mm)|
|G||45.5||Q||57.6||Z + 1||70.1|
|I||48.0||S||60.2||Z + 3||72.2|
|J||48.7||T||61.4||Z + 4||73.5|
how do i find my ring size?
The ideal way to measure your finger size is to pop down to your local jeweller who can do this for you. But if you’re too busy, don’t have a local jeweller, or simply can’t be bothered, there are ways you can do it from home.
Before you get measuring there are a few things your should keep in mind:
- Measure more than once – The size of your finger fluctuates depending on temperature so measure it a few times throughout the day.
- Be aware of your knuckle – If you know your knuckle is on the larger side, you might want to order a slightly larger ring than your finger measurement so you can slide it on comfortably.
how do i measure at home?
USE STRING OR FLOSS
One of the easiest ways to measure your ring size is to use string or floss.
- Step 1 – Take a piece of string or floss and wrap it around the base of your finger.
- Step 2 – Mark where there is an overlap with a pen.
- Step 3 – Lay out your string or floss against a ruler and measure the length in mm.
- Step 4 – Use our ring size table to find the corresponding letter for your finger circumference.
use a ring size chart
If you already own a ring it couldn’t be easier to find your size. Simply print yourself a true to size ring chart (they are all over google) and place your ring on the circles until you find a match.
Buy a ring sizer
If you’re unsure about at home DIY methods and want a more accurate measurement, you can buy yourself your very own ring sizer. These tend to be inexpensive and are available online from popular sites like Amazon, eBay, and Argos.
What if it still doesn’t fit?
The methods we’ve recommended should act as a guide for your approximate ring size but are not professional measurements. Even if you have measured your finger perfectly, the style and thickness of a ring can alter how it sits, and everyone has their own preference for what is a comfortable fit.
If you find yourself in a situation where you’ve bought a ring that doesn’t fit, don’t panic. Many jewellers can resize it for you for a fee. If you’ve bought your ring from us, feel free to return it for a full refund. We always make our customers end up with a piece they love.